Everyone knows that “a picture is worth 1000 words.” We also know that books are comprised of words. Nothing revolutionary here so far, I know, bare with me. What I want to do is create a book that is comprised of 1000 photos of words found out in the world. And the best part is I want to involve all of you! Ok, so how is this all going to work?
I setup a form where you can upload your photo of a word and attach all the related info so I can put it in book. That form can be found here: https://airtable.com/shrR022piKAb6rsei
There are some basic ground rules for the photos to make sure everything comes together nicely in the end result.
- Any camera / phone is fine to use
- Photos in landscape orientation
- Photo taken by you, not found on the internet
- 3 Megapixels+ in size ideally
- Photos in 3:2 aspect ratio
- Fill the frame as much as possible with the word
- If the words are not English, please provide English translation if possible
- Photos should be in color (If the word / surrounding is black&white, that’s ok too)
- Be as creative as you want
I am not 100% sure how to deal with duplicates yet, but hopefully there will be enough to choose from that we can avoid duplicates mostly. Perhaps duplicates will go in Volume II? More to come on that.
End Goal: Once there are 1000 words, I will get them all laid out and create a physical book that can be obtained at cost for anyone who wants one! I am also going to create an online gallery as well so everyone can see them without needing to purchase the book.
I hope you all will join me in this journey! Feel free to get the word out, all are welcome!
Check here for ongoing updates on the project!
Here are a couple example photos.