With the recent addition of the “Archives” feature, there is now a simple way to see a chronological flow of all posts made to your timeline. The archive section is automatically created at your.domain/archive. There is no pagination within the Archive section, giving you the ability to see the entire timeline of your entries on a single screen. I have a mix of ~900 short and long posts in my timeline, and it scrolls and flows nicely (keeping in mind that it only displays Titles and clickable date links), so there shouldn’t be any performance issues for the vast majority of users it seems. @Manton has a considerably more substantial amount of posts, so I am sure you torture tested the feature before releasing it since he hosts his own content on Micro.blog now!
Ideas for future iterations of the Archive feature
- Ability to see thumbnails inline for photo only posts.
- A mechanism for curating ‘special’ posts and bubbling to a highlighted section. https://burk.io/posts
- Option for changing the location & name of the link in the navigation.
- Foldable/Collapsible lists by Year, Month.
- Add / Edit page title.
- A link in Footer.
- Toggle to hide/show Archive in Nav and/or Footer.
*some of this stuff is doable by the end user with some code modifications/additions/deletions, but the goal here is to make it as user-friendly as possible for the whole m.b community